
What a great day! We had a good time at the bridging ceremony despite the rain. Ms. Elsa had her backyard and deck all prepared, and then the rain just came down. She moved the couch into the garage and got the chairs set up in the living room. We were a little packed in, but it worked out all right. The bridge was set up in the front of the room for the bridging girls to cross over.
There were two girls who bridged from Daisies to Brownies and five girls who bridged from Brownies to Juniors. There were seven girls who will be Daisies for another year and three girls who will be Brownies for another year. All 17 girls were present to receive their recognitions and prizes earned for cookies sales.
We had a nice spread for refreshments with vegetable and fruit trays with really yummy dips, a cheese and cracker tray, chips, and all sorts of soda. And two half-sheet cakes too! Plates and everything in rainbow colors. It was really fun! I always seem to over estimate how much food to get for how many people. We had about 45 people; I had enough food for probably 100-125. I'm just paranoid of running out. I would just hate not to have enough for everyone. I was begging people to take food home with them so I wouldn't have so darn much to bring home with me.
We've had wonderful support from all our parents through the year. I'm so grateful for that. They've always been willing to help when I've asked them. The parents have really made this year a success for the girls. I know we have another great year to look forward to especially since we've all made it through this first year. It's only going to be better now that I know what to expect and am more familiar with how to run things.
I want to thank Ben for all his support for me and the troop. He's been here building things; loading, packing and hauling things; staying up late preparing for activities; preparing food; listening to my ideas and helping work out problems; and reassuring me when things just aren't going the way I planned (like today) and helping me adapt to the circumstances. He's been incredibly patient, calm and supportive. He is the silent co-leader that no one sees doing a lot of work behind the scenes. Thank you, Ben!
Three of our families will be moving this summer, so we will be losing six of our girls. One of my co-leaders is moving, the other co-leader is stepping down due to a career change. I've got Cami's P.E. teacher lined up to be my new co-leader over the Daisies (5). I will be combining our Juniors (4) and Brownies (2) into one group that I will be over.
We're taking June off and will get troop meetings started back up in July. I'm excited to keep working with the girls and am so proud of their dedication and hard work learning and working toward badges.
No comments:
Post a Comment