Saturday, August 16, 2008

Mom's home!

Well, I had a great visit with my family in Utah! I'm glad to be back home though and try to prepare for the new school year. I have to admit I'm impressed that Ben got a post or two up while I was gone!

Anyway, today we went to middle school orientation for the 6th graders. I can't believe Garrett will in 6th grade! Watching him go to kindergarten was nothing compared to this for me. I feel more stressed about letting my baby go now than I ever did then! I know he will be just fine and the teachers will be patient with him. We're looking forward to this change and the progress Garrett will make in middle school. Next week, we will be able to meet teachers for all three kids and then school will start on the 25th.

Seighan got some shots today. We're trying to get her caught up on immunizations so we can get her registered for kindergarten. My plan was to spread them out a bit because of all the speculation about the shots and risk of autism. Then we moved and I never got back on the immunization schedule. She got 3 shots today and was very brave and didn't cry. She's a tough kid!

1 comment:

Trina said...

It's good to hear you made it back to Texas safe and sound, and had fun with your family. I was pretty impressed myself that Ben put a couple of things on the blog. That's awesome. Wow, it is hard to believe that Garret is in 6th grade. Time flies by too fast.