Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Cami's baptism

We've got Cami's baptism coming up on September 6. I was trying to finish her dress before my trip, but misplaced the instructions, so that was put on hold. It's almost done except for the sleeves, zipper and hem. Since coming home, I've still been unable to find the instructions. I got one of the sleeves put together without directions, but it doesn't look right. I finally broke down and bought ANOTHER complete pattern. I just know that my original directions will show up soon and then I will be even more frustrated that I bought this other one. But oh well. I will get this dress finished for Cami and that's what is important. Then she will be sewing a little matching purse. She's had a good time learning to run the sewing machine helping with some stitching on the dress. I think she'll do a good job.

2 comments:

Trina said...

That's so awesome that you are making the dress. It looks pretty. My Mom made one baptism dress for all four girls and it is now tradition for all the grand daughters to be baptized in it. I can't believe Cami is getting baptized already. Wow that is so cool. They grow up way to fast.

HCJ said...

I really like the dress! Cami has some really great ideas and it makes the dress look so beautiful. I want to see it when it is finished!