We went to BLORA (Belton Lake Outdoor Recreation Area) yesterday for a birthday party. It was for the big brother of one of Cami's friends.
I found out when we were there that Garrett goes to school with this boy and is in gym class with him. And the boy's friend who came to the party also knows Garrett from school. It was nice to have some boys actually say hi to Garrett by name and have him respond like he feels that they are his friends. Garrett didn't spend much more time with them than saying hello because they were out in the deeper water in the lake most of the time.
The kids had a lot of fun on the water slide and the beach. We didn't make it to the paddle boats, but maybe next time. There was a barbecue too. It was fun for the them to spend a couple hours playing with friends. I didn't get in the water, I just sat on a bench watching the kids and taking pictures.
Here's Garrett at the top of the waterslide, then coming out at the end (I got lucky getting that picture!)

I think this was Cami. I got A LOT of pics of the big splash at the end but couldn't get good ones of the kids. It was hard to catch a good picture.
I don't know who this child is, maybe a nephew or something. He was just so adorable! He kept coming over to me then would run back to his dad. I loved the crooked sweet way he put the mask on. I got it fixed for him and took another picture.
The first tray has skewers in it. Those were really yummy with brisket, squash and green peppers. We also had hot dogs and hamburgers.
Here I am with my phase one slightly orange hair.
Here's a couple shots taken by Seighan. Interesting.







1 comment:
Looks like everyone had fun at Belton Lake. I sure wish it was warm enough here to go swimming.
Post a Comment