Saturday, March 14, 2009

Garrett got a fish for his birthday. First, we got three little neon tetras that the sales lady said would be okay together in a small fishbowl. So we were sad when they quickly died after putting them in the bowl. I took them back and was told by another salesperson they need warm water not room temperature. So we went for the goldfish, but Garrett was very intrigued by this "black moor" with cool big bubble eyes. He named it Ollie. It's been with us for a week now and I'm happy to say it is still living. We'll see how it goes. Maybe we'll get a real tank and more fish sometime. I'll get more pics up tomorrow of his birthday celebration.














2 comments:

Trina said...

It's nice to see another update. I love being able to see what everyone is up too. That's one cool looking fish with big bubble eyes. I can see why Garrett wanted him over a little gold fish. He looks so happy!!!

HCJ said...

That is one big grin from Garrett! I would have gone for the bigger eyes as well, it looks so much cooler than a normal gold fish. I had no idea that tetras needed warm water. That is too bad they died like that. Anyway, glad he found one that made him happy. :D