Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The kids were so excited at a Burger King commercial that advertised kid meal mac-n-cheese with apple fries that we had to go try it. So we went today and I was pretty disappointed with the food. Of course I'm always aggravated at paying 5 or 6 bucks at a restaurant for 50 cents a box Kraft mac-n-cheese, but at least they give a good portion. At Burger King for the $2.99 kid meal, it came in a small bowl about an inch full. I'd estimate about 3/4 cup to maybe a cup worth. Then the apple fries cost an extra 59 cents to substitute and are basically like the apple dippers at McDonalds, only they're sliced like thick homestyle French fries. And the caramel dip came in a messy packet instead of the little cup like at McD's. The kids did have fun playing in the air conditioned playland, but I think next time we'll just get the regular old burgers and fries.

1 comment:

HCJ said...

oh man! that makes me mad when something seems like it is going to be so yummy and then you try it and it isn't nearly what you thought it would be. That happens a lot with fast food.
At least the kids had fun"